National Trust Community Investment Corporation (NTCIC) enables tax credit equity investments that support sustainable communities nationwide. NTCIC places qualified federal and state historic tax credits (HTC), new markets tax credits (NMTC), and solar tax credits (ITC). NTCIC is a wholly-owned for-profit subsidiary of the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
NTCIC seeks an Asset Manager to have primary asset management responsibilities of a portfolio of solar investment tax credit (ITC) equity investments from financial closing through a 5+ year period until exit.
- 3-5 years responsible experience in asset management in a solar energy company, real estate development company, or related affiliate, tax credit syndicator, or other real estate or community development institution
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, accounting, real estate, or related fields. Master’s degree preferred
- Renewable energy experience and knowledge, preferably in the solar tax equity market, including market analysis, technical expertise, financial reporting and analysis, and/or compliance with financing covenants or regulatory agreements
- Exceptional organizational skills and a love for evaluating risks, gathering and synthesizing information, delivering key information on precise timelines, and proposing solutions to address changed circumstances
- Experience managing a multi-asset portfolio
- Ability to read and understand standard tax credit equity transaction documentation, including financial projections, operating/partnership agreements, loan documents, regulatory agreements, and related documentation
- A proactive mindset to guide solar sponsors through the collection of benchmarks necessary to facilitate equity payments, timetables for project completion, tax credit delivery, and establishment of reserves
- Seamless collaboration skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, including the ability to recognize, assess and mitigate risk
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with other members of a small team in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated self-starter with strong drive and organizational skills, able to “think and act on one’s feet”
- Proficiency in word-processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software, especially Microsoft Excel
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
National Trust Community Investment Corporation (NTCIC) offers a progressive work environment, competitive pay, and an excellent benefits package including; medical, dental, vision, paid-time-off, life/disability insurance, commuter flex accounts and a 401(k). NTCIC is an equal opportunity organization and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability NTCIC actively seeks opportunities to include members of these groups in its programs and activities.