National Trust Community Investment Corporation (NTCIC), a for-profit subsidiary of the National Trust for Historic Preservation, enables tax credit equity investments that support sustainable communities nationwide. NTCIC places qualified federal and state historic tax credits (HTC), new markets tax credits (NMTC), solar tax credits (ITC) and low-income housing tax credits (LIHTC).
The Financial Analyst will perform a variety of real estate investment activities for the National Trust Community Investment Corporation. The position assists both Acquisitions and Project Managers with the due diligence, underwriting and closing process for prospective Historic tax credit, New Markets tax credit and private equity investments. These investments may include debt and equity investments in multi-family residential, commercial and mixed-use historic rehabilitation projects throughout the United States involving Historic and/or New Markets tax credits or private equity. The Financial Analyst will also work closely with the Managing Director of Acquisitions on investor management. Further, the Financial Analyst assists with project tracking utilizing a CRM system and the preparation of investment committee reports for presentation to internal management, investors, and NTCIC’s Board of Director’s Investment Committee.
• Assist with originations, due diligence, underwriting, project closings, and investment committee memorandum preparation.
• Work closely with Managing Director, Acquisition Managers, and Project Managers on tasks related to NTCIC investments as assigned.
• Update XIRR Model to stay current with market.
• Create financial models and calculate investor returns for tax credit investments.
• Identify new HTC/NMTC investments for potential NTCIC investment.
• Assist with investor, customer and project tracking utilizing NTCIC’s CRM tool, including generating reports and ensuring that projects are being tracked accurately.
• Assist with the evaluation and preparation of detailed guarantor analyses.
• Assist with the collection of due diligence materials consistent with prequalification and closing checklists.
• Assist with the preparation of underwriting reports for Investment Committee approval.
• Assist with tracking multiple investor requirements and developing and/or implementing new systems for investor management.
• Perform duties on multiple transactions at any given time with a strong commitment towards meeting deadlines.
• Provide solutions-oriented focus with the ability to take initiative and think independently.
• Assist with special acquisitions projects.
• Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in real estate or finance (or equivalent work experience) and either a master’s degree in business, finance or real estate (or equivalent) or more than 3 years of experience.
• At least 3 years of real estate investment analysis/underwriting experience.
• Strong financial analysis and spreadsheet (Excel) skills required. Examples to be provided upon request.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills required. Writing samples to be provided upon request.
• Experience in complex urban subsidized housing, commercial real estate finance, tax credit syndication and/or community development finance.
• Experience in legal, tax and accounting aspects of tax credit projects preferred
• Knowledge of the Historic and New Markets tax credits, tax credit ownership structures and the historic tax credit certification process preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to work well independently and in a team setting.
• travel required and ability to manage multiple projects with various deadlines.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO
The National Trust Community Investment Corp. is an equal opportunity organization and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability. The National Trust Community Investment Corp. actively seeks opportunities to include members of these groups in its programs and activities.