National Trust Community Investment Corporation (NTCIC), an affiliate of the National Trust for Historic Preservation, is among the largest tax credit syndicators in America. The organization supports the country’s architectural heritage, community development, and renewable energy initiatives through the provision of Federal and State Historic Preservation, Low-Income Housing, Renewable Energy, and New Markets Tax Credits.
NTCIC seeks a Director of Tax Credit Operations to oversee NTCIC’s tax credit portfolio and provide enhanced organizational and systems support including managing tax credit portfolio data and financial performance and overseeing portfolio management systems, processes, and compliance.
Manage Portfolio Data and Financial Performance
- Scope and manage transition from existing asset management database to Salesforce and ensure integration of salesforce into day-to-day NTCIC mindset
- Develop or modify information systems (including Salesforce, SQL database, excel spreadsheets, and others) to create more effective data management, including tracking and monitoring portfolio-wide information
- Develop enhanced reporting tools for internal and external stakeholders (reports, dashboards, etc.)
- Ensure timely and accurate updates to information systems based on project-level and fund-level activity before and after closing
- Regularly review and analyze financial performance of portfolio to identify issues, trends, and opportunities
- Manage key staff responsible for portfolio management and analysis
Oversee Portfolio Management Systems, Processes, and Compliance
- Develop in-depth understanding of NTCIC’s existing project and asset management processes, investor requirements, and project-related deliverables
- Monitor and enhance systems to ensure NTCIC compliance with internal and external obligations
- Identify areas for improved consistency and efficiency within various project- or portfolio-related job responsibilities including project acquisitions and closings, project transition, day-to-day asset management, investor reporting (including quarterly reports and benefits schedules), and audit and tax return review; design, plan, and implement guidelines, processes, and/or policies to achieve those objectives
- Manage NMTC application process and compliance and ensure its integration with asset and fund management responsibilities
- Manage key staff responsible for community impact compliance
- Strategic and system-based thinker
- Master’s degree in business, finance, or real estate (or equivalent) or more than 10 years of experience in complex urban subsidized housing and commercial real estate finance
- At least 5 years of real estate investment analysis/underwriting experience
- Knowledge of historic, new markets, and solar tax credits
- Strong financial analysis and spreadsheet (Excel) skills
- Expertise in legal, tax, and accounting aspects of real estate projects
- Excellent writing skills required
- Willingness to travel periodically
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Problem-solving mindset
Pay & Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt level position, eligible for full benefits, including health, dental and life insurance, retirement benefits, and 3+ weeks of vacation, plus sick time and holidays.
The National Trust and its subsidiaries require all staff to show proof of COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters (with limited exceptions for religious or medical reasons).
Hiring Range: $160,000 – $175,000 per year
The National Trust Community Investment Corporation is an equal opportunity organization and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.