National Trust Community Investment Corporation (NTCIC) enables tax credit equity investments that support historic preservation and sustainable communities nationwide. NTCIC raises and invests money in connection with federal and state historic tax credits (HTC), new markets tax credits (NMTC), solar tax credits (ITC), and private equity sources. NTCIC is a wholly owned for-profit subsidiary of the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
NTCIC seeks a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to add depth and breadth to its executive leadership team. The CFO will report to the President and will be responsible for providing strategic financial leadership, including evaluating and refining the organization’s fiscal function and leading new financial initiatives. The CFO shall also be responsible for spearheading new capital raising initiatives and transaction structuring alternatives, managing the company’s subsidiaries and enhancing fund management services.
A member of NTCIC’s Senior Management Team, the CFO shall be responsible for the overall management of the accounting, HR, IT, administrative, and risk management functions, shall lead and enhance capital raising efforts, and shall serve as the management liaison for subsidiary businesses.
The CFO will lead a highly qualified tax and accounting staff to provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the President, the Board of Directors and other senior executives in supporting NTCIC’s mission and strategic goals.
The CFO must be strategic in developing new business opportunities, conversant in tax and private equity structures, and adept in assessing business risks. The CFO will be proactive in leveraging the organization’s resources to take advantage of opportunities to grow and diversify revenue and investor relationships. The CFO will oversee and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures and will provide oversight to the company’s subsidiaries.
The ideal candidate will possess a minimum education of a bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting (MBA preferred) with at least 10 years of experience in a senior leadership capacity and a minimum of 10 years of experience in strategic financial planning, profitability planning and quality management in a financial services company. S/he will possess strong finance and leadership skills and will have a proven track record in raising and/or managing capital. It is essential that s/he be results-oriented with a high level of competence and professional stature to advise the President and Board on effective financial planning and analysis. The position requires someone with demonstrated ability to think strategically in seizing opportunities, assessing business and regulatory risks, and streamlining processes and procedures. It is also essential that s/he understands the importance of finance in supporting organizational strategies and decisions while also supporting organizational mission.
• Serve on NTCIC’s Senior Management Team; support and build financial systems and processes that will support revenue generation and profitability
• Communicate effectively with NTCIC Board of Directors, ensuring all Board members clearly understand the organization’s financial health, sustainability, and growth opportunities
• Serve as an officer of the organization
Financial & Risk Management
• Serve as the organizational leader in all areas of finance and budget management in close collaboration with VP of Finance
• Build and refine reporting tools that allow for information sharing and financial transparency to facilitate planning and real-time decision making
• Ensure the integrity, accuracy, timeliness and usefulness of all financial reports
• Lead risk management initiatives, including oversight of subsidiaries, regulatory requirements, human resource and information technology enhancements
• Responsible for audit & coordination with external auditors
• Lead new capital raising initiatives to diversify organizational business lines and achieve higher impact investment strategies
• Collaborate with President and Managing Director of Acquisitions to sustain and enhance investor relations
• Commitment to the mission of NTCIC and our parent nonprofit, the National Trust for Historic Preservation
• Track record of leading a finance team and strong knowledge of other infrastructure areas (talent management, information technology, risk management)
• Good understanding of tax credit finance, preferably with historic, new markets, and/or solar tax credit incentives
• Experience leading and managing teams, serving as a coach and mentor to team members
• Track record of raising private capital, preferably in an impact investment field
• Experience in investment management
• Experience managing intercompany transactions, multiple entities and consolidated reporting
• Demonstrated success building relationships and partnering with origination, closing and asset management teams, helping them manage toward goals in an agile and flexible way
• Resourceful, with the ability to deliver results in a growing, entrepreneurial, dynamic environment
• Exceptional financial, data, and qualitative analysis skills
• Excellent writing, verbal, and presentation skills
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
To apply for this position, click here or email your resume in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt, .rtf, .html, or .ascii format to 951717-CJBfirstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to enclose a cover letter, please include it in the body of your email message.
National Trust Community Investment Corporation (NTCIC) offers a progressive work environment, competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including; medical, dental, vision, paid-time-off, life/disability insurance, commuter flex accounts and a 401(k). NTCIC is an equal opportunity organization. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability and actively seeks opportunities to include members of these groups in its programs and activities.