National Trust Community Investment Corporation (NTCIC) enables tax credit equity investments that support sustainable communities nationwide. NTCIC raises and invests money in connection with federal and state historic tax credits (HTC), new markets tax credits (NMTC), solar tax credits (ITC), and private equity sources. NTCIC is a wholly owned for-profit subsidiary of the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
NTCIC seeks a Business Systems Analyst to support the IT infrastructure (MSP in place), manage new business system implementations (new phases of Salesforce and document management system), and act as company administrator for business technology applications (Salesforce, custom SQL database, document management). Prior experience in the financial services or related industry is preferred. Duties include: Review, analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs; document business and systems requirements; define scope and objectives for expanding data management and IT system needs; manage systems development and operations to parallel overall business strategies; and maintain policies and procedures. Works closely with Senior Management and external IT and business application consultants.
New Systems Implementations and Process Improvement Management
• Work directly with stakeholders to understand and interpret multiple IT requirements and operational objectives by studying business functions, gathering information, and evaluating output requirements and formats.
• Construct workflow charts and diagrams, understand system capabilities, write specifications for system improvements and expanding functionality.
• Define IT project requirements and technical specifications; identify project milestones, phases and tasks; validate resource requirements; develop cost estimate models; form and lead project team; establish and monitor project budget.
• Monitor project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, and recommending actions.
• Monitor and improve data collection and business processes by studying current practices and identifying problems; make recommendations; design and implement modifications with an eye towards simplification for users and improved business processes.
• Monitor and fix issues with data integration, such as between Salesforce and other IT Tools, when necessary.
• Understand the “asks”, the assumptions, the dependencies and the constraints and translate them into requirements and solutions.
• Customize internal tools for process improvement and identify areas of possible automation and ensure optimum utilization of resources to improve cross-organizational efficiency and productiveness.
• Develop supporting documentation including requirement specifications and use cases, logic and process flows.
Analysis, Metrics, and Measurement Responsibilities
• Lead efforts to ensure NTCIC has the right information at the right time to make well-informed decisions by providing this information and anticipating and leading analyses designing frameworks and undertaking other activities that will enable senior leaders to spend time focused on decision making instead of tracking down information.
• Provide recommendations and drive improvement on forecasting process, ensuring first-class qualitative and quantitative insight on upcoming fundraising opportunities.
• Use data-driven analyses and forecasts to create a shared understanding of future opportunities.
• Manage reporting and analytics for business divisions (technical, financial and/or marketing) by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
• Create informative, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement.
• Develop and manage organization-wide dashboards, including organization-wide metrics and tracking progress toward goals.
• Maintain timely cross-organization reports and Dashboards for board and investor meetings.
• Conduct insightful reviews and ad hoc analyses of current processes using operational metrics and reports to identify and investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues.
• Recommend changes to senior management, including the financial and operational impact, to enable efficiencies and ensure overall quality.
• Actively participate in the implementation of approved changes.
Salesforce and Business Systems Administration
• Utilize data to ensure accuracy of information and enhance operational efficiency on a day-to-day-basis.
• Use business systems tools to analyze data and processes and provide unique business insights which can help inform decision-making.
• Drive system improvements and monitor and prioritize user adoption.
• Put in place infrastructure (systems, tools, processes, policy adherence).
• Own operational work streams that have systems-wide implications.
Data Management Support
• Manage data in supporting team with reporting and training, data cleaning, basic analysis, and identifying opportunities for process improvement.
• Oversee builds and creation of sub-team Dashboards and Reporting as requested, working with those team members to ensure that they have the training to follow up with the data integration.
• Coordinate with external IT resources, including MSP, outsourced CIO, and software consultants.
• Act as administrator for all business systems applications and provide IT infrastructure support.
• Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 2-4 years of experience in the financial services or related industry required
• Proficiency with Salesforce, SharePoint, and business process design required
• Must be familiar with relational database concepts
• Salesforce Administrator Certification strongly preferred
• Strong reporting and data management skills required
• Microsoft Project or Smartsheet experience strongly preferred
• Ability to impact operations and effect change without being confrontational
• Detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive
• Ability to work independently and with others
• Extremely organized with strong time-management skills
Business Analyst top skills & proficiency:
• Project Management
• Process Improvement
• Big Picture Thinking
• Work Well Under Pressure
• Problem Solving
• Critical Thinking
• Relationship Building
To apply for this position, click here or email your resume in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt, .rtf, .html, or .ascii format to 912371-CJBemail@example.com. If you wish to enclose a cover letter, please include it in the body of your email message.
National Trust Community Investment Corporation (NTCIC) offers a progressive work environment, competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including; medical, dental, vision, paid-time-off, life/disability insurance, commuter flex accounts and a 401(k). NTCIC is an equal opportunity organization. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability and actively seeks opportunities to include members of these groups in its programs and activities.