Office/Location: NTCIC, 1155 15th St. NW, Washington, D.C. 20005
Supervisor: VP of Finance and Controller
Overtime Status: Exempt
National Trust Community Investment Corporation (NTCIC) enables tax credit equity investments that support sustainable communities nationwide. NTCIC places qualified federal and state historic tax credits (HTC), new markets tax credits (NMTC), solar tax credits (ITC) and low-income housing tax credits (LIHTC). NTCIC is a wholly owned for-profit subsidiary of the National Trust for Historic Preservation. NTCIC seeks an Accounting Manager to manage all accounting functions and financial reporting.
• The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to accounting functions (including payroll, timekeeping, expense report processing and accounts payable) and financial reporting. This position will be responsible for daily, weekly, monthly and annual accounting tasks and activities.
• The Accounting Manager is expected to make recommendations to the VP of Finance for developing and maintaining accounting principles, policies and procedures to ensure adequate internal controls, as well as accurate and timely financial reporting.
• This position must meet tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities for several legal entities including general ledger preparation, budget creation, analysis and tracking and financial reporting.
Provide the following duties for NTCIC and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities:
• Apply a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
• Prepare reconciliations and journal entries; process expense reports.
• Prepare invoices for annual fee billings and follow-up on outstanding items.
• Responsible for processing semi-monthly payroll and 401K administration support.
• Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close for all entities.
• Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
• Work with the external auditors to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit
• Support the VP of Finance regarding cash management, financial results, and other special reporting requests.
• Support other departments.
• Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the accounting department.
• Work as a team member with the entire organization and interact with the President, COO and other senior staff members.
• Perform such other and further tasks as requested by the President, COO or VP of Finance.
• BA/BS in Accounting or Finance or Business Management with an emphasis in Accounting required.
• CPA preferred.
• At least five years prior experience in the accounting/financial reporting areas.
• Must be PC proficient.
• Experience with accounting systems and strong experience with Microsoft Excel and Word required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required.
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
• Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with other members of a team.
The National Trust Community Investment Corporation is an equal opportunity organization and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.